Paul Revere and Yours Truly.

Paul Revere and Yours Truly.
Myself and Paul Revere at Rolling Thunder in Washuington D.C. 2006.

Monday, December 28, 2009

The ultimate Deterent.

Okay so some idiot from Nigeria who was living in a million dollar apartment in London went and tried to set off a bunch of explosives on a plane coming into Detroit. I predicted it. "Herb you're not going to say that you knew there would be an attack!" Well yes I am, we all knew it, we just didn't know that attack would be so lame. Thank God it was. And let's hear it for that Dutch guy!!

We knew there would be an attack during the Christmas Holiday. As much as we do to disguise the fact that the Holidays we are celebrating during the end of the year are Hanukkah and Christmas the Islamics still know what they are. Look at how they attack each other during Islamic holidays from other sects. A bunch of Sunnis just set off a bomb during a Shiite celebration in Pakistan. So why would we think that no one would try something during Christmas.

Our Commander in Chief took time out from his Hawaiian Holiday to appear and quell our terror and assure us that he and Janet Nepolitano are on the job. Be still and calm we all should rest easy knowing that Barak Hussein Obama and Janet Nepolitano are guarding the country. I listened to our Pres talk about what was being done to see to it that this doesn't happen again. All things that I would expect. Yeah sure they are going to check and see how the explosives got through They are also going to check and see how a Nigerian fellow can go from a London mosque to Yemen and become a disciple of a radical Mullah and be so radicalized that his father called the authorities and plead with them to keep an eye on his jihadist son made it onto a plane with those explosives. I'm sure that there will be more Sky Marshall's out there on planes. But the fact is that this fellow did get through and he did bring explosives and when he did try to blow up a plane the FBI wasn't there, the CIA was not there, neither Homeland security nor Janet Nepolitano nor Barak Obama were there. It took an on the ball Dutch guy to defend the plane from the terrorist.

When the events of 9/11/01 took place my wife and I went to St. Josephs church here in Topeka and spent a couple of hours in the Adoration Chapel before Our Lord. Shortly thereafter we went to a convention in Chicago. We flew. While we were there the Sears tower was closed but I found the next tallest building. It had a bar at the top so I went up. I sat down and ordered a Goose Island beer all just to, in my own way, give all terrorists a single finger salute. I, being the gregarious fellow I am given to easy discourse with any friendly soul in the vicinity, found a couple nearby doing the same thing. The bar was nearly empty but here we were a small group, in our own way flipping off, Al Queda.

I still fly a St James Moorslayer flag on my flagpole.

I believe that no matter what we ask our federal government to do they cannot assure our safety. Frankly life is not safe, in the end you WILL die. When we look to the government to ensure our personal safety we turn over a considerable amount of freedom for that safety. This is the sole reason why I will no longer fly. When you step into the cabin of that airplane you turn over your safety almost entirely to the stewardess, assuming that there are no marshalls aboard. Once upon a time I was allowed to carry my big ol swiss army knife with all the tools on it. Now an Irish Catholic with a swiss army knife seems to be an enemy of the state. I am one of those who believes that all people have the right to provide for their own safety. Having been through five typhoons, two tidal waves a couple of earthquakes a bunch of bar fights several bike and car crashes, a big north sea storm and being used as bait for the Red Brigade and the Bulgarian Secret Police among other things I tend to keep several things in my pocket. Among these are a Rosary, some meds, an inhaler and a leatherman or a swiss army knife. And when I'm out and around usually a .22Lr or .380Acp pistol. Of course I don't intend to take my .357 mag or my .380 Acp on any plane but for heavens sake what is wrong with my leatherman?

But getting back to my point I will have a hard time taking over anyplace with my leatherman if there are a couple of others there with the same equipment who say I can't. How did we the proud free people we once were descend into the place where we now look to the likes of Obama and Nepolitano to protect us from harm and provide us with security.

No matter what Those fine people who work so hard for our safety do we are never safe. It's a fact. Only God can give life and God says when it ends. In the mean time God expects us to take care of ourselves if possible and to watch over our neighbors. With all the provisions taken and all the sfety measures in place ther will always be the unexpected. I for one intend to maintain my ability to expect and provide for the unexpected. It's my responsibility.

Viva Christo Rey!

No comments:

Post a Comment