Paul Revere and Yours Truly.

Paul Revere and Yours Truly.
Myself and Paul Revere at Rolling Thunder in Washuington D.C. 2006.

Monday, December 21, 2009

Here I am.

So here I am again. I started a blog some time ago but I never did keep up with it. My friends say I should continue to write. Since I've been writing all of my thoughts and sending them to my friends in their email who knows if any of them get saved. I'm sure that the world will go on as it has without any great tragedy if my thoughts go happily off into the ether. However it has been said that I can be thought provoking and who knows what could happen? I might inspire someone. Anyway now I can post my thoughts once again and keep them on file.
We never know what we really are doing in the scheme of things. One story I like to relate is this one. Once upon a time there was an itinerant revival preacher traveling the U.S. He made stops here and there and set up his tent and would preach to whatever crowd would gather. this particular preachers name is lost to all, except to those who were more closely associated with him. However one evening he preached a fateful sermon in a town to a particular crowd of little note. But sitting in that crowd was a young man who was very impressed with the preachers message. That young man decided to become a preacher himself. The young mans name was William Graham. Who hasn't heard of the famous evangelist Billy Graham?
I hope to eventually reach someone with my messages and help even if it is only to help someone become better at making a good pot of Gumbo.
I guess it is customary to introduce oneself. I'm a 50 something Navy brat and disabled Army veteran. I am nearly straight Celt. I have Irish, Scots, Briton, Welsh and Alsatian heritage. Even though my extended family contains Italian, Chinese, Puerto Rican, Mexican, Hebrew and other elements my blood is pretty much straight Celt. I claim the Irish most often for two reasons. My wife is the product of Irish Canadians from County Cork. Plus I'm Catholic. I've lived in a few foreign countries and in the Marianas Islands. But I was born in the southeastern U.S. and identify with southern "Rednecks". If you've ever heard Hank Williams Jr.'s song "A country boy can survive" well that's me. I'm very traditional in many ways. I'm kinda eclectic though. I'm a southern Redneck who lives in Kansas. I go to a Latin Mass on a customized V twin bike. I'm a chaplain in a motorcycle club who can do the Rosary in latin. I love to listen to latin chant, Bach, Albinoni, Shirelles and Steppenwolf. As far as my position in the scheme of things, I am a "rocker" but I'm so conservative on most things that I would have to take a two day train ride to the left and rent a very big telescope just to see Rush Limbaugh. My hobbies are Cooking especially saucier or Creole and cajun cooking. I love making jewelry, I wear allot of silver. I do leather work. I make knives, shoot my guns, Customize my bike and ride hard. I also write. So check back and I'll either make you laugh think cheer or cuss.

2 comments:

  1. It's about time, lol. For all of u who read this, Big Herb is one of my oldest and dearest friends. I know he has a lot to say and I cheer him on. I will be back to see what people post here.

    Luv u big guy and oh yeah Merry, Merry Christmas to you and yours.

    Luv u,
    Angie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to the wonderful world of the google.com blogosphere.

    Your Blogging buddy in Christ,


    Myron@myownfaith2.com

    ReplyDelete