Paul Revere and Yours Truly.

Paul Revere and Yours Truly.
Myself and Paul Revere at Rolling Thunder in Washuington D.C. 2006.

Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Welcome Home 2/130 FA

My old friend Sam Lecuyer is the supply MSgt. for 2/130 FA. He and I did a bunch of Cavalry Scouting together. We were utilized in teams of four vehicles with two sergeants and two corporals and four pvt. to spc4 crewmen. to drive and as gunners. Sammy and I were together on one of those teams as the sergeants for a couple of years. So isn't it something that after being apart and him being God knows where for 20+ years. All of a sudden out of nowhere I get the email to go send off MSgt. Lecuyer to Egypt and when I get to his house sure enough, it's Sammy. Boy is he surprised to see me? Then a year later I'm there to welcome him home and I'm the first one to shake his hand when he comes down the sidewalk. You never can tell, can you?

Non Serviat Insurgo,

Herb

No comments:

Post a Comment