Paul Revere and Yours Truly.

Paul Revere and Yours Truly.
Myself and Paul Revere at Rolling Thunder in Washuington D.C. 2006.

Tuesday, April 6, 2010

More Government Please Masa!

Hey Ya'll

You'll never believe it. I have been screwing around with the V.A. for 20 years. I've got major depressive disorder and PTSD. I'm half lame in one leg and I've got a screwed up and very painful shoulder. My hearing in one ear is messed up and not so good in the other ear and due to neurological damage I'm left with moderate to severe tinnitus and benign paroxymal positional vertigo. All service connected. I've been in the hospital several times on suicide watch. And have generally been through a somewhat tough time lately.



For 20 years I've been screwing with these morons and as of a few months ago I've got just 50% disability. I can't find a job that I can do and when I do go to try for a job my problems get in the way. Seems like no one wants to hire a vet who can't even get through an interview without clutching a lorazepam bottle. I tried for so long to get therapy from the V.A. for the depression and PTSD that I just gave them a single finger salute and walked away. I thought that if I tried for just a little bit longer then somehow the common sense fairy would come down and bless the V.A. and viola the gates would magically open and I would get the treatment I needed to keep from eating a bullet or rigging up a large ANFO device and blowing myself up. And I would be able to guide the younger guys through the system and show how to appeal to the benevolence of the V.A. system. I found out though that hanging on was costing me my sanity and could cost me my life. The V.A. is not there to provide they are there to deny. I have gotten denial after denial. The more messed up you are the less you receiveve of the help you need. You can't function enough to work your way through the hoops and face yet one more denial without collapsing and grabbing the .357 and squeezing the trigger.



I got away from them and went to Optimum health family practice for my medical needs. The medication I get from them hasn't caused me any harm. The stuff the V.A. gave me for my diabetes left me with blood sugars down as far as 30. I have literally been down on my living room floor with the EMT's trying to get my blood sugar up to a survivable level and get me into the hospital. But I haven't suffered that for a year or so. And my A1C is at acceptable levels. I also went to Christian psychological services. I have been with a therapist for that long and am now on Pristiq. I'm not all better but I'm working on it. I at least have a chance.



So I've heard from the V.A. again. They still haven't found a suitable therapist for me. No wonder these younger guys are killing themselves. If I want to go over to the V.A. and let them dope me up till I drool then fine they'll do that. But if I want reatreatmentnt I have to go outside the V.A. and get civilian medical service. And that's my advice to the younger vets.



That's not the end of the story. I can't seem to make a living any more. But I'm only 50% disabled and I can't for the life of me get the idiots to recognize that Dorothy and I are married and have been for 14 years. I'm still getting paid at a single rate with no dependents. More hoops to jump through every time I turn around. Most entities would accept that we are married and get on with it but the V.A. system is designed for denial not provision.



So do you really want government health care? This is serious. I was left without psychological services I needed and almost committed suicide four times. I was given Glyburide for my diabetes and kept on it until I refused to take it because it nearly killed me several times. I was on a blood pressure med that was no longer used by civilian doctors because it causes congestive heart failure. At the same time they had me on a very large dose of Niacin 1000Mg. Which eventually made me very sick and caused my legs to fold up out from under me. In the mean time they couldn't find an antidepressant for me even though Pristiq had been out for a long time and was shown to work well on people with my sensitivities to other meds. What goes on with the V.A. is just a very good example of what everyone will receive if the government is in charge.



If we do not get this government out of our medical care this is what you will get. A system that is illogical, incompetent and in the end fatal.



Your choice, be hard headed and stick with the wrong way that will never work right just because it fits your ideology or else strike back and demand repeal of the laws that allow the government to muck about anywhere they are not supposed to be. All powers not specifically given to the congress by the constitution nor forbidden by it are reserved to the states and to the people.Yeah that's really in the constitution. Real simple, if one understands English. In "Redneck", If Washington ain't told they can do it in the constitution they can't. Everythin else gits done at home. Like everything else our fore bearers did there is a reason for that. It is said that Government is at best a treacherous servant and at worst an unbearable tyrant. When government has too much power and the public treasury is open to it to do as it wishes not as it should it becomes self perpetuating and very self concerned. While promising to aid those it should aid it instead makes slaves of those whose support it requires keeping them at its mercy while it strips away the wealth of those it is supposed to protect and serve. It becomes self preserving and other destructive. It is at that point now. This latest Obama bill will do no good for anyone. Not even for those you would presume to be its benefactors it is set to destroy them and keep them in submission and dependent, while transfering more power to government to strengthen the beast that is set to devour us.



I have seen the benefits of their system and if we do not stop them NOW those benefits will be suffered by all.



Ipsa conteret,

Herb

No comments:

Post a Comment